Friday, November 30, 2012

Product Review: Maybelline Colossal Mascara


Some of you may remember, I was having mascara issues a while ago. A ton of people responded to help me find a better one, which shocked me! Someone suggested, as I said in my vlog, Maybelline Colossal and since I used it for about a week now, I thought I'd do a little review.

I like to think that I'm kind of a guru, but really, I have much to learn still. (Don't we all?) I went to school for cosmetology, graduated May 2010, and am licensed to work in a salon...in Ohio. Anyhow, in school, we studied hair, makeup, and skin, so I do know a little somethin'.

Moving on.. I've used Colossal for about a week now and let me just say it is leaps and bounds beyond Great Lash for sure. Which is a relief. Great Lash was clumpy and gloopy and made my lashes stick together  and I'm pretty sure just weighed them down, which is the opposite of what I want. How did Maybelline get it so wrong with Great Lash and so right with Colossal?


So far, I really like Colossal! The brush is huge, which I'm not used to, but it really makes my lashes look super thick without sticking them together. The spider lash thing is not cute. It also lengthens them! I don't actually need this, as my lashes are pretty long, but I like looking like I have lashes on when I'm not actually wearing them. And don't even get me started on the Falsies mascara. Ew. I got it in glam black, by the way. I think it has a slight sheen look to it, which I like a lot. The classic black is like a matte finish and I think that makes your lashes look dry, not shiny and healthy

All around, I really like it. Except for maybe the brush, but I'm going to keep trying it! I've never used such a big brush with mascara so.. I need practice. I tend to get it on my eyelid and I've rarely done that in the past! But again, practice makes perfect. Right?

Do any of you use Maybelline Colossal mascara?

10 comments:

  1. I always have mascara issues(i have no lashes almost) so thanks for the tip!
    http://www.asparklyhanger.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that mascara i have the yellow pink and purple one and i love them all !
    They are way better then some high end ones !

    xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried high end ones. Just can't condone the price tag!

      Delete
  3. Love this! Great review, great tips<3

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thks for the review. I plan to give it a try. I'm still searching for the perfect mascara :) xA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the review! I have actually been using the Colossal mascara for a while, and I absolutely love it.

    xoxo, Meera | www.momentswithmeera.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think mascara is very relative to each person, my personal favorite is LO'real Voluminous! Definitely down to try the colossal, however.Thanks for the review :)!

    <3Em
    http://theskinnybyemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...